Re: Was the initial graphics mode screen removed?

Le 12/01/2022 à 13:32, Franck Bourdonnec a écrit :

well, my second laptop is a an old e525 acer that is more than enough rapid to do 'internet/video/kicad/kicad debuging...' even with 2~3 hours for a full build.
Having it unable to run KiCad , very disapointing ;)

Funny enough (so to speak...), my main laptop mainboard just crashed and I'm currently back to a 2007 Hewlett-Packard laptop (15 years old!) running Linux. The Nvidia GPU driver is not supported anymore by the latest X11 🙁 (AFAIK, they dropped the DirectX9 programming interface. Have to use Nouveau driver + DRI / OpenGL2.1).
.
Surprisingly, I can run Freecad almost flawlessly (on not too complicated designs), but Eeschema is stunningly slow (for example, serious lag when moving components onscreen). A positive note : a slow machine help put some parts of the code efficiency under the magnifying glass 😁 !!

Don't partitipate to "obsolescence programmée" ("programmed trashing ?") ?

-> AFAIK, This is "Planned Obsolescence".