Re: Call for review: PCManFM is almost ready for a new release.

On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 01:12:06 +0800 PCMan <pcman.tw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=156956&atid=801864

OK, thanks, that's good to know.

>> SUGGESTION: Let's test the current "almost-0.9.9" codebase, fix any
>> major issues found in the next week or so, then bump the SONAME version
>> and release it before the end of June 2011.  Can we do that?

> Yes, if with help from the community. No if I do it myself.
> Patches from Lubuntu is appreciated.

Since you mentioned it:

I *already* turned  libfm patches from Julien's Ubuntu package of
libfm into a git repo for you, six commits, and posted about doing
that to this list.  All that was left for you to do was to cherrypick
which ones you want to include in the upstream sources:

  https://lists.launchpad.net/lubuntu-desktop/msg03977.html

As far as I can see, *none* of them have been included so far!  Either I did
something wrong, or else you don't really want those patches?  Help me
understand what I have to do so you will accept the commits I made for you from
Ubuntu patches, please.

>> Since some testers seem to need packaged versions to test, I'll look at
>> creating a test unofficial package from git for them, so we get slightly
>> more testing.  Another way to go would be to release a 0.9.9~rc1
>> tarball, and a corresponding one for libfm, if that is preferred --
>> doing that means noone has to use git head for packaging :)

> That's true.

I'm playing with writing a script to grab the libfm git head and
Julien's package and automatically create a new package based on the
combination of the two.  It doesn't quite work yet... if it does, I'll
try to do the same for pcmanfm, and then we can create test packages for
pcmanfm testers much more easily :)

Jonathan