Re: Call for review: PCManFM is almost ready for a new release.

On Sun, 19 Jun 2011, PCMan wrote:

Cons:
1. If some newly added po files are broken, this automatically breaks
the build process.

I see this as a pro rather than a con. I do builds of git HEAD within 120 minutes after a change enters the master branch (during my wokring hours and when I am not away ofc). This is intended to be more automated but I haven't really seen the absolute need. As I am almost always part of adding new PO files I blame myself and fixes the issues when I see them.

2. Some translation with bad quality becomes available before they're
well-tested.

This is always a problem and can also be part of long standing translations that don't get proper reviews and such.

Current approach is very convenient, but later proven to be
problematic sometimes if there are some broken po files added to the
repo. So, should we change it? If we do change it, I hope that our
translation coordinator can help maintain the LINGUAS files for all
LXDE components to keep them up to date.
Any comments?

I rather not maitain a LINGUAS file. It was a PITA when we did that back then. Some benefits but more administration.

--
/brother
http://martin.bagge.nu