Re: [12.04] Firefox instead of Chromium?

> I don't know if this is correct, but I'm a little concerned for if the
> machines will support the test? We're talking about Pentium 3 & 4 and 256
> to 512 ram.

My machine is P4 @3GHz - 1M Cache. RAM is 512MB which can be dropped to
256MB.
One browser will be running at one time and reading will be written down.
Then the other browser will be running and same scenario applies.
Then, we compare between the readings.

With newer machines, users shouldn't notice any difference. With old
machine, I think it might be some differences. Only test will tell :)

I think my machine will be a good match for such test. It's a desktop. By
the way, the HDD is IDE so it's typical old :)

Ps: Ali, on my new machine i have ubuntu with lubuntu-desktop installed...
> readings of both monitors are different, that's what i was telling you :)

If you check ALL my posts on Ubuntu Forum, you'll find out that I always
keep telling the users that installing "lubuntu-desktop" is NOT like
installing Lubuntu itself from LiveCD or LiveUSB.

*I see that Walter agrees with me* :)

On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 2:26 AM, Jean-Pierre Vidal Piesset
<jpxsat@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> I don't know if this is correct, but I'm a little concerned for if the
> machines will support the test? We're talking about Pentium 3 & 4 and 256
> to 512 ram.
>
> Ps: Ali, on my new machine i have ubuntu with lubuntu-desktop installed...
> readings of both monitors are different, that's what i was telling you :)

Best Regards,

*amjjawad*
Lubuntu One Stop Thread (Mega
Thread)<http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1844755>
My Wiki Page <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad> | My
Launchpad<https://launchpad.net/%7Eamjjawad> |
My Ubuntu Forum Profile <http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=941822>

*My Actions Speak Louder Than My Words ||** ** I walk by faith, not by
sight **|| Imagination is more important than Knowledge || **Keep It Simple
and Short*