Re: No desktop on beta2 alternate ppc

Greg!

Like you expose it, it seems a circulus vitiosus (given you start your
mac with a live-cd to install (l)ubuntu you have to relay on that
machine to go to the net but you can't since there isn't the
firmware!).

BUT: As i said - in former times (Ubuntu 8.04 or 8.10) it wasn't like
that. I started a Dell laptop with broadcom chipset from the live-cd.
Wireless (internet connection) did not work. I had to activate (in
System Tools) the utility "Additional drivers" (translating from
german here, i think it's jockey-gtk) and - ZACK - the connection was
there. And i remember the same - but in some earlier version - for
ppc.

I don't see any reason why it should not work in this way, or are
there some recent legal restrictions?

Cheers,

Uli