Re: Shared plugin library build question

I assume this is a bug in mysql-test-run.pl .  Currently, plugins are not loaded unless you build in the source directory.   Could you apply patch for  'mysql-test/mysql-test-run.pl' from here  http://lists.askmonty.org/pipermail/commits/2011-October/002493.html   and see if this helps? Please make sure to apply diff ONLY for 'mysql-test/mysql-test-run.pl' , not the whole thing

> There seem to be some other failing tests where I have garbage in the
> output, I haven't investigated these but the failures are along the
> lines of this difference:
>
> -mysql.user     authentication_string   42      NULL    NO      text    65535   65535
> NULL    NULL    utf8    utf8_bin        text
> +mysql.user     authentication_string   42      NULL    NO
> text11)e,'Y')'Insert','Update','References')J   65535   65535   NULL    NULL
> utf8    utf8_bin        text
>
> Has anyone else seen failures like this?

Yes, I have seen that  on Windows.  information_schema queries, with  junk always appended at the end of "text" or  "blob"