Re: Proposal to improve communication and make more efficient the inclusion of new branches.

2013/10/25 Pedro Manuel Baeza Romero <pedro.baeza@xxxxxxxxx>

> I know too about runbot availability to run locally downloading source
> code, but the added value of runbot is to have it on-line, as Travis CI
> does. Anyway, I also see more interesting Launchpad / GitHub debate.
> @Fabien, have you talked about the switch internally?

I think It is a different discussion.

1.- Travis doesn't have "Auto Build ready to test" feature, and is written
in Ruby and double licence problem.

2.- Launchpad is totally open and runbot.

3.- Runing runbot "Teach You" more deeply openerp, Running Travis "teach
you ...." well Travis.

4.- The translation management is not possible/comparable in github like in
Launchpad.

5.- The transition is not only "Move the branches" we need to move internal
process, internal developments that automate bzr projects and so on.

IMHO: This change should be approved / done at least 6 moths __before__
move something, but even, compare bzr and git is a matter of religion
because both have the "same" posibilities i we read "Both" manuals.

BTW, it is only my  opinion, the Positive impact is so little compared with
the cost it can bring.

My 2 Cents.

--
--------------------