Re: Proposal to improve communication and make more efficient the inclusion of new branches.

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 9:45 AM, Nhomar Hernández <nhomar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 2013/10/25 Pedro Manuel Baeza Romero <pedro.baeza@xxxxxxxxx>
>
>> I know too about runbot availability to run locally downloading source
>> code, but the added value of runbot is to have it on-line, as Travis CI
>> does. Anyway, I also see more interesting Launchpad / GitHub debate.
>> @Fabien, have you talked about the switch internally?
>

> I think It is a different discussion.
>
> 1.- Travis doesn't have "Auto Build ready to test" feature, and is written
> in Ruby and double licence problem.

I consider you must check it again, Ruby is not a problem license.

> 2.- Launchpad is totally open and runbot.

You can check what is must used and all content around github.

> 3.- Runing runbot "Teach You" more deeply openerp, Running Travis "teach
> you ...." well Travis.

Tech you testing.

> 4.- The translation management is not possible/comparable in github like
> in Launchpad.

Totally agree, P Christeas did a comparison with transifex and has the same
results but translations can solved.

> 5.- The transition is not only "Move the branches" we need to move
> internal process, internal developments that automate bzr projects and so
> on.

Yes learn in deep git and workflow.

> IMHO: This change should be approved / done at least 6 moths __before__
> move something, but even, compare bzr and git is a matter of religion
> because both have the "same" posibilities i we read "Both" manuals.

Totally agree too here, transitions must be an agreement with all, but we
must accept it github wins :-).

Regards,