Re: Proposal to improve communication and make more efficient the inclusion of new branches.

On 28/10/2013 12:12, Fabien Pinckaers wrote:
>>> to put this discussion in perspective, let me give an overview of
>>> which schema changes have been put through in ocb-addons/7.0 so far:
>>>
>>> - An 'active' field was added to account.journal
>>> - A sequence field was added to account.tax
>>> - A link was created from crm.phonecall.report to crm.lead
>> Just to understand the current policy: Are these changes already
>> included in trunk?
> No.
>
> And they will probably not be merged. (for sure, not in v7 - and
> probably not in trunk too)
>
> I may be wrong as I checked very quickly, but:
>   - active field on account.journal: IMHO it's a serious bug introduced
>     in ocb branch; if you desactivate a journal containing journal items
>     you create inconsistencies in all your legal reports. --> We will
>     not merge this as it's against the rule defined for financial
>     integrity. (the user should never be able to create inconsistencies)

This I believe stems from
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+bug/1180803 which gives a
bit more context on the topic.

It would be nice to have such discussions occurring on the bug report if
only for traceability.

--
Alexandre Fayolle
Chef de Projet