Re: Making our way out from the bloated extra-addons repository

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 12:54 PM, Joël Grand-Guillaume <
joel.grandguillaume@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello Raphaël,
>

> Thanks for the work ! I only have one remark about the name of the branch.
> Why financial-extra-addons ? I just though those days about naming the
> branch, and if we make branch name that are too generic, we'll just land in
> the same situation in a few months/year. Note, you already know that ;)
>
> For example, we're thinking about splitting our branches into smaller,
> more community oriented branches. We already have ~30 financial modules,
> and we don't want to commit them all in that branch.. I started with
> logistic topic and made for example those branches:
>
> *
>
>    - stock-logistic-warehouse
>    - stock-logistic-barcode
>

>    - stock-logistic-tracking
>    - stock-logistic-flows
>
> *
>
> Would you agree to find another more precise name ? I don't actually know
> which one cause I don't know what's exactly inside..
>
> Though ?

Hello in financial context we can split the branches based on:

   - account-accounting: all about account account entries,
   invoice/refunds, sequences
   - account-payments: all about payments, statements, vouchers
   - account-report: reports

Regards,