Re: sony_laptop

Ok, I used the archboot 2010 rc2 for my first install, so I made a new one
with same method as yours, and I have no more crashes, even with kernel
2.6.32, but I have a rendering issue with both kernels : the white prompt is
almost green, and X looks really bad (like it was displayed with 256 random
colors). (vesa works better in 800x600 when I use i915.modeset=0)

dmesg gave me that :
mtrr: no more MTRRs available
[drm] MTRR allocation failed. Graphics performance may suffer.

I tried to add "enable_mtrr_cleanup", without success.

I've found what was causing the crashes with debian and my first install of
archlinux, and it's.. weird : grub2 !
I tried to reinstall archlinux with the 2010 rc2 cd with grub instead of
grub2 and it works like with the 2009 cd.

my model is VPCZ11C5E : 1600x900 without optical drive (and I've replaced
the original hdd with a x25-m ssd)

Xavier.