ubuntu-gnome team mailing list archive

Re: Software Center instead of gnome-packagekit

I had tried Web (Epiphany) recently and it has many glitches, kinda ruins
the experience. Why ship software that people cannot actually use
comfortably. And if people don't gonna use other software except the Gnome
ones, there is no reason to choose Ubuntu. You may not install Firefox or
LibreOffice (I personally prefer Chrome over Firefox), but most people
will. Web and Gnome Office don't yet provide the same level of experience
that Firefox and LibreOffice provide. And, being almost close to a pure
Gnome distro, even Fedora ships Firefox instead of Epiphany, and I think
it's a thoughtful decision. Ideology seems great. But there is a huge
difference from practical application. I myself is a huge Gnome fan, since
the days of Gnome 2. But I would have never been be able to use Gnome if I
sticked to the pure experience.