Re: ownCloud app.

Hi again,

So.

1. I think we still should work with an account plugin for, among
others, these reasons:
a: Users not knowing what Online accounts completely misses the point by
that service in the Ubuntu platform, and since it is a central part of
Ubuntu nowadays, and its connectivity, this is where we should have our
plugin.
b: easier, and safer, to store the login details.
c: easier for other apps to use without reinventing the [wheel] login
instructions every time.
d: using Online accounts gives the user the possibility to accept or
reject each service that asks for the account details - like oauth.
e: setting up the evolution data stuff is currently not possible by pure
QML.

2. I will start right now with an little UI (once I've set up a demo OC
7 site) that first of all lets a user input the server URL and then
shows the site. I will push this to the project and give you a shout so
that you guys can give it a go.

3. I will give owncloud-qml a go with the latest OC version. Maybe it
still works.

4. Set up a few different branches on launchpad:
a: trunk - latest stable. Request a merge and another on the team
accepts.
b: bleeding - push and merge the latest you got without asking.

5. We might need some help from someone with more experience with Online
accounts to push us forward.

6. Since ownCloud doesn’t support OAuth we need to do a HTTP auth, and
that's something I've never tried, so we might need some help with that
if none other has some experience(?).

Rock and roll,
--
Vänlig hälsning / Yours sincerely,