Re: Updates on Login

Kind of kitchy, but puts a more positive spin on the updates. Your mockup makes it look like you must update immediately or risk certain death.

David

ajmctaggart wrote:
Ok, so clearly there are pros/cons to every update situation. Perhaps what I would like to see, as the user, is the option to have the ability to be notified of an update when I want it, at startup or shutdown? Looks like a simple edition to the "Setting," menu of current Update Manager, as there are already the option for Download, Notify only, etc.

Perhaps this is what the gdm login screen would look like? Obviously the usability experts may have some ideas on placement, wording, etc...

I just wanted to get a visual out there. Obviously the discussion is still on the table, and I am not too sure if it should really be ignored as a viable option on user interaction with updates.

Thanks,
Anthony