Re: Notifications in unity

- the items that now hide inside the MM are the icons (or what used to be icons in the panel/systray).

ref.
https://a248.e.akamai.net/assets.github.com/img/15183cadf2a9cdd7781aea9a6a22b84455adf703/687474703a2f2f6935342e74696e797069632e636f6d2f32343136787a6f2e706e67

- users used to spot these icons quickly

ref.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_FJH0hYZmVtc/TALwoQRxZrI/AAAAAAAAIBY/4Wxk1JmG-34/s1600/Selection_002.png

- now they only see this: nothing. And then ask: "Sir i lost my app" or "Sir i see IM notifications but i dont see where app went to"

is not obvious that the app icon is now hidden inside that panel.

Its a shift they are not used to and i see this everyday with dozens of people at the internet cafe (yea is awesome hearing complaints all day..), thus they ask to use other machines with older versions of ubuntu or windows (which i price higher to try to reduce demand). I have no proposal yet to fix this (visual?) regression, as there are too many variables that affect more than 1 party. So any proposal will eventually hear complaints from some power user.