Re: Re : No more dodge windows in Unity ? Why keep the "Always hide" option ?

I agree with setting always visible as default, and I agree that three
options are overkill. So how about this solution:

Rename dodge to auto-hide.

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned before. Dodge achieves the same
result as auto-hide, with the added advantage of faster access when no
window gets in the way. It is strictly superior to plain auto-hide when
measured with objective criteria (i.e. how quickly can you access a given
launcher icon), and I really cannot think of any downsides.

As an added bonus, it one-ups the relevant features in Windows and Mac OS X
by behaving more intelligently (auto-hide when something gets in the way,
instead of always).

Just my 2cc.