Re: Re : No more dodge windows in Unity ? Why keep the "Always hide" option ?

This is what I was thinking. Is dodge a good replacement for autohide?
On Feb 10, 2012 1:47 PM, "Stefanos Apostolopoulos" <stapostol@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I agree with setting always visible as default, and I agree that three
options are overkill. So how about this solution:

> Rename dodge to auto-hide.
>
> I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned before. Dodge achieves the same
result as auto-hide, with the added advantage of faster access when no
window gets in the way. It is strictly superior to plain auto-hide when
measured with objective criteria (i.e. how quickly can you access a given
launcher icon), and I really cannot think of any downsides.

> As an added bonus, it one-ups the relevant features in Windows and Mac OS
X by behaving more intelligently (auto-hide when something gets in the way,
instead of always).