Re: Some impressions about the current status of Unity

Or tags? Hierarchies are not the only way to store data.

+1
I have often felt that hierarchies, whilst sufficing initially, are a poor way to organise data since, by their very nature, an item can only exist in one folder. Hard links get around this problem but personally I would love to see the directory structure replaced by an easy to use tagging system. If it weren't for the major discomfort it would cause a lot of users who are used to the hierarchy idea, I would be pushing for tags instead in Precise.