Re: [Ayatana-dev] Unity-2D and Qt5

Even if I configure a chroot on my machine, when I'm inside the chroot
I need to rebuild and install Qt5 (and this is ok), but I also need to
install all the other Unity-2D deps to be able to build it and doing
"sudo apt-get build-dep unity-2d" I would install all the Qt4 libs,
having in this way the same Qt4/Qt5 mix I have on my system.

For this reason I don't think that a chroot environment could solve my problem.

I see two possible solutions:

1) a method to install all the Unity-2D deps excluding Qt 4.x, so I
could have a clean chroot environment with only Qt5.

What about you just change the unity-2d packages to depend on Qt5 instead ? Or remove the Qt dependency entirely from the packages ?

Sounds like the simpler solution, and will do what you want (install all the other deps but not Qt4)
--
Ugo