Re: KiCad new look - new icons and new buttons

On 08/29/2011 04:03 PM, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
> On 8/29/2011 4:58 PM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
>>> Dick,
>>>
>>> I ran into a problem on Windows this morning with a segfault when creating the
>>> language menu.  I added KiBitmap() where the images get added to the menu item
>>> and it seems to have fixed the problem on CvPcb.  It's still in the process of
>>> building so I'm not sure if there are other issues in any of the other apps.
>>> I'm working on it and I'll keep you posted.
>> I think the problem was the
>>
>>     const BITMAP_REF&  m_Lang_Icon;
>>

>> which I think should now be:
>>

>>     BITMAP_DEF m_Lang_Icon;
>>

>> This keeps from making those bitmaps on any platform except Windows and only if
>> your
>> USE_IMAGES_IN_MENUS toggle is on.
>>

>> Also, we'd eventually have needed the attached tweak to SetBitmaps() in macros.h.
>>
>> Please consider the attached patch, and try it on Windows please.
>>
>> Feel free to commit it or say I can.
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Dick
> I fixed this by changing BITMAP_DEF to wxBitmap and used KiBitmap() in the
> static structures which solved the problem.  If your solution is the correct
> way to go, I can make the change.
>
> Wayne

I saw what you did, and felt we should not create the wxBitmap()s unless we have
to.  Normally they are never needed, only windows and only if menu icons.

So why create them.

I had a free 1/2 hour, tested compiling with FUTURE_PNG_BITMAPS temporarily,
this flushed out some more missing KiBitmap() calls.  Added them.  With those,
checked in my patch.

If you can try the language menu patch on Windows I'd be grateful.

Thanks,

Dick