Re: kicad StepUp update and STEP repository of parametric models

Hi Marcos,
thank you for the feedback.
The screenshot is very nice!

1) For fusion object, it is strange, I don't have prob in conserving colors neither in FC015, nor in FC016 both in win and linux...
but I'm on ubuntu and I used the ubu repos

2) To scale a part there is already a small macro in the demo project;
the file name is kicad_StepUp_vrml_export.FCMacro
and there is also a bash file
launch-kicad_StepUp-step-to-vrml-example.sh

The script has to be cleaned up a bit...
anyway it works... NB after exporting the VRML file, do not save the FC STEP file or you'll get it scaled too :)

3) I'm going to complete a new macro named 'move_rotate_scale' (which is not included at the moment), so it would be easier to manage manufacturer models to align and generate vrml scaled models.
When it si ready I will let you know

4) Please also have a look at:
https://github.com/easyw/kicad-3d-models-in-freecad/tree/master/cadquery/FCAD_script_generator
there are script to generate parametric STEP and scaled VRML for SOIC, DIP, QFP, Resistor chips and Capacitor chips there are some configuration files in which you only need to add dimensions as in the datasheet, then the model 3D will be generated.
There a re also some already generated examples at:
https://github.com/easyw/kicad-3d-models-in-freecad/tree/master/cadquery/FCAD_script_generator/generated_cap
https://github.com/easyw/kicad-3d-models-in-freecad/tree/master/cadquery/FCAD_script_generator/generated_gw
https://github.com/easyw/kicad-3d-models-in-freecad/tree/master/cadquery/FCAD_script_generator/generated_dip
https://github.com/easyw/kicad-3d-models-in-freecad/tree/master/cadquery/FCAD_script_generator/generated_res

and a mini starter guide
https://github.com/easyw/kicad-3d-models-in-freecad/raw/master/cadquery/FCAD_script_generator/FC-script-generator-starter-Guide.pdf
I've added a colored pinmark and some more models.

Could you please give me a feedback also on those scripts/models.
Maurice