Re: Putting on-call reviewer in channel topic?

Barry Warsaw <barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I'm -0 and skeptical, but I'm always willing to experiment.  I'm OCR
> tomorrow (well, if/when I finally finish this massive painful high
> priority branch) so I'll at least start my reviews in #launchpad-dev
> tomorrow.

Thanks.  Let's keep an eye on how it works out.

> I'm somewhat less concerned about the traffic/noise than I am about
> the topic.  We use the topic in #launchpad-reviews as status; it's
> important, should be easy to scan, and changes often.  Should we put
> the reviewer status in #launchpad-dev's topic too?  instead?  at all?

I personally don't think a long channel topic is a problem, but I tend
to consult it as a reference; perhaps others use it differently, though.

A more important question: what exactly is the utility of the topic in
#launchpad-reviews?  How are we using it; why do people scan it?  (Not
facetious questions -- the answers really are not obvious to me, and I'm
wondering if articulating them might shed some light here.)

-Karl