Re: Getting a checkout

2009/2/7 Tim Cook <timothywayne.cook@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On Fri, 2009-02-06 at 10:53 -0200, Christian Robottom Reis wrote:
>
>> I think you'd be a happier camper using one of the more recent bzr
>> releases, such as 1.10 or 1.11:
>>
>>     https://edge.launchpad.net/~bzr/+archive/ppa
>>     https://edge.launchpad.net/bzr/+download
>>
>> Bazaar is moving /fast/ and the stability is fantastic -- you should be
>> happy to run it with the signed archive in your apt config.
>
> Okay. 1.5 was the latest I found wherever it was I found it. :-)
> I'll insttal a later version if I can find an AMD64 one.
>
> Anyway, download success!!!!!
>
> Now where do I put my .bzignore file?
>
> The tree looks like this:
> oship/trunk/oship<appfiles>
> oship/trunk/.bzr<bzr config files>
>
> so does .bzignore go into the application dir or the .bzr dir?
>
> After that .... it's the attempt to push to lp~oship-dev/oship/main
>
> Oh yeah, and a write up about the issues I had as a newbie!!

It would be really good to get that writeup, both as tips for newbies
and maybe as a source for potential improvements.

Is there anything we should be changing on the Launchpad side, aside
from perhaps making it more clear people should upgrade?

btw what OS are you using where 1.5 is the latest?

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>