Re: UI in French?

At 15:46 23/09/2010, Goh Lip wrote:
Hopefully there is no need to do a update-initramfs -u, but I'll watch out for it.

What does "update-initramfs -u"?

Wonderful, you gave me an idea. I'll have to give it a try next time. - My Lubuntu is a 'real install' on a usb stick, but I am not complaining! It is far far better than a live stick.

What's a "real install on a USB stick", and how does it differ from a "live stick"? Do you mean that the former is persistent, while the latter is the default ISO image?

BTW, instead of making the USB key persistent, I'm really looking at how to boot with the current image, perform apt-get to add/update/remove packages, save this running instance into an external ISO, so that I can flash a bunch of USB keys with all my users need. Does someone have information on how to do this with Lubuntu?

Thank you.