Re: Next respin tested 2013-10-17 00:43 (06.43 CEST)

On Fri, 18 Oct 2013 02:46:39 +0100
Phill Whiteside <PhillW@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> hi,
>
> can I suggest the vote is "which is easiest for new comers and provides
> upgrade capability". Offering people multiple answers to the same issue
> will only confuse them. Choose the best answer and use that; It is more
> important than 'are there people who need it'.
>
> Just my 2 cents worth,
>
> Regards,
>
> Phill.
>

> On 18 October 2013 02:31, Nio Wiklund <nio.wiklund@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On 2013-10-17 23:23, JM wrote:

> > > Hi Nio,
> > >
> > > Done:
> > > Sondage : Lubuntu avec FAKE-PAE, êtes-vous concerné ? -
> > > http://forum.ubuntu-fr.org/viewtopic.php?id=1396961
> > >
> > > I would have liked to point to the thread related to the topic here at
> > the mailing list,
> > > but the topic is mixed and also I can't find the right post, there is no
> > clear indicator
> > > in the archives related to the time it was posted.
> > >
> > > You can check, there are a bunch belonging to the present thread marked
> > as "(06.43 CEST)",
> > > for instance.
> > >
> > > Could you start a topic about kernels without pae and about the spins
> > done with the
> > > fake-pae upstart job?
> > >
> > > Else, what is on the download section of the fake-pae? img files? How do
> > you install that
> > > to hard drive? :)
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Mélodie
> > >
> > Hi Mélodie,
> >

> > 1. I'll follow your thread :-)
> >

> > 2. What do you mean by 'start a thread about kernels without pae and
> > about the spins done with the fake-pae upstart job'? There are several
> > such threads already at the Ubuntu Forums. Or do you mean a poll in
> > English? When logged in you can search the Ubuntu Forums for fake-pae,
> > and you will find pages of threads, one of them about a simple 'poll',
> >
> > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2143502&p=12640488#post12640488
> >
> > Maybe you, Jörn, should make the poll, if you want to, so that it will
> > ask *your* question(s) and not my interpretation of your intentions.
> >

> > 3. At the moment there are at least four ways to install systems with
> > fake-PAE, described indirectly by
> >
> > https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu-fake-PAE
> >
> > a. The method by Mörgæs at
> > https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PAE
> >
> > b. Grub-n-iso
> > https://help.ubuntu.com/community/grub-n-iso
> >
> > c. Installed system
> > https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InstalledSystemFakePAE
> >
> > d. One Button Installer
> > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2172971
> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/phillw/OBI
> >
> > *. How to install image files: Reverse the way they were created, in the
> > case of 'my' img.gz and img.xz files, there is help using the script
> > file 'mkusb' from
> >
> > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1958073
> >

> > Best regards
> [...]

Hi,

I was meaning : a thread here at the mailing list: the actual topic is "Next respin..."
and so on. We are Off Topic.

So if the present discussion will next be brought to a new dedicated thread, maybe an
opportunity to point to it from elsewhere could be used. :)

I would like more information about this:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/baltix/+bug/930447/comments/203

What are the tech details related to this part? → "CPUID Output of 'cpuid|grep
^00000001'" (in a new thread? ;)  )

Regards,
Mélodie