Re: Next respin tested 2013-10-17 00:43 (06.43 CEST)

>>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2172971
>>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/phillw/OBI
>>>
>>> *. How to install image files: Reverse the way they were created, in the
>>> case of 'my' img.gz and img.xz files, there is help using the script
>>> file 'mkusb' from
>>>
>>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1958073
>>>

>>> Best regards
>>> Nio
>

> Hi,
>
> I was meaning : a thread here at the mailing list: the actual topic is "Next respin..."
> and so on. We are Off Topic.
>
> So if the present discussion will next be brought to a new dedicated thread, maybe an
> opportunity to point to it from elsewhere could be used. :)
>
> I would like more information about this:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/baltix/+bug/930447/comments/203
>
> What are the tech details related to this part? → "CPUID Output of 'cpuid|grep
> ^00000001'" (in a new thread? ;)  )
>
> Regards,
> Mélodie

Hi Mélodie.

I sent a text file with the mails to you. Use it as you wish, maybe make
it available as a reference.

What can I say about bug #930447? It is sad, that Ubuntu does not listen
to the opinion. It would be easy to 'allow' Pentium M and Celeron M
either all of them or those with CPU IDs that are tested and known to
have PAE capability.

cpuid is a small program that can be installed from the repositories,
and that can be used to extract information about the CPU hardware.