Re: Proposal to improve communication and make more efficient the inclusion of new branches.

2013/10/25 Ovnicraft <ovnicraft@xxxxxxxxx>

> On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 9:45 AM, Nhomar Hernández <nhomar@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>

>> 2013/10/25 Pedro Manuel Baeza Romero <pedro.baeza@xxxxxxxxx>
>>
>>> I know too about runbot availability to run locally downloading source
>>> code, but the added value of runbot is to have it on-line, as Travis CI
>>> does. Anyway, I also see more interesting Launchpad / GitHub debate.
>>> @Fabien, have you talked about the switch internally?
>>

>> I think It is a different discussion.
>>
>> 1.- Travis doesn't have "Auto Build ready to test" feature, and is
>> written in Ruby and double licence problem.
>>

> I consider you must check it again, Ruby is not a problem license.

The problem is not ruby sorry for the misunderstood is travis.

>> 2.- Launchpad is totally open and runbot.
>>

> You can check what is must used and all content around github.

Well, What is most used where, because 100% of package management is around
launchpad in Ubuntu.

It means, Launchpad and Github in our enviroment are == of powerful.

>> 3.- Runing runbot "Teach You" more deeply openerp, Running Travis "teach
>> you ...." well Travis.
>>

> Tech you testing.

May be, but I can answer to this.

We have unit test embebed in OpenERP already, is it helping with it?
We have 3 years with Yaml, is it helping with it?

BTW, If unit testing [1] with python don't help to teach you test, I don't
know what can. ;-)

>> 4.- The translation management is not possible/comparable in github like
>> in Launchpad.
>>

> Totally agree, P Christeas did a comparison with transifex and has the
> same results but translations can solved.
>

>> 5.- The transition is not only "Move the branches" we need to move
>> internal process, internal developments that automate bzr projects and so
>> on.
>>

> Yes learn in deep git and workflow.
>

>> IMHO: This change should be approved / done at least 6 moths __before__
>> move something, but even, compare bzr and git is a matter of religion
>> because both have the "same" posibilities i we read "Both" manuals.
>>

> Totally agree too here, transitions must be an agreement with all, but we
> must accept it github wins :-).

Jejejeje yes and God's son is White and Blue Eyes ;-) "It is a fact" my mom
told me that and everybody say it<ReligionJoke/>. ;-)

--