p2psp team mailing list archive

Re: CIS of rules (GSoC)

Hello!,

> 1) Why a different socket is needed for poisoned chunks?

Because in the other case, I have to override long method
*process_next_message.
*I thought that the solution with replacing socket is more clear.

2)Malicious peer relay chunks received from splitter. If the sppliter does
> not send chunks to a malicious peer, What chunk is relayed?

In current impl no chunk is relayed if splitter doesn't send chunks to
malicious peer. I will fix it later (in this week).

3) crc32 is not suitable as cryptographic hash function. See
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptographic_hash_function.

I will use sha256 instead. Is it ok?

4) I do not see the problem with 255. Trusted peer just send information to
> the sppliter about the chunks received and who send them.

I think that it is the problem, because trusted peer can never send the
chunks from malicious peer (if malicious peer will be lucky and its chunks
won't be 255th in trusted peer).

ps: about 2: is there need to implement this functionality; because if peer
will not receive new chunks from splitter, he won't know the chunk numbers,
and he cannot fake the chunk messages (since it doesn't know chunk numbers).

Thanks!