p2psp team mailing list archive

Re: CIS of rules (GSoC)

Hello Ilshat,

I answer between lines.

El mar, 09-06-2015 a las 00:37 +0500, Ilshat Shakirov escribió:
> Hello!,
>
> Here is report for the second week:
> http://shakirov-dev.blogspot.ru/2015/06/the-second-week.html
>
> It's quite small, but I want to end the STrPe part of project by this
> week (or may be by the next week), so I have some questions:

Fine!.

> 1. Malicious peer : Is there need to implement sending chunks after
> splitter removed this peer from its (splitter) peer list?

It has no sense because Spliter will attend only to peers on list and
request to be included in the team.
We did not think in a DoS by repeating a lot of inclusion requests.

Other peers will only attend to peers in their lists.

> 2. STrPe : Is there need to implement expel message for peers?
> (message about that peer A is malicious)

In this version there is not such functionality. The aim is to make a
very simple protocol by reduce computation and communication at peers.

> 3. Testing plan : How it should looks like? I am preparing plan with
> different kinds of attacks, smth like this:
>
>         STrPe:
>
>           On-off attack:
>
>             Confguration of team: 1 monitor, 1 trusted, 1 malicious
>         which is reconnecting to splitter after detection
>
>             Expected: Malicious peer is detected every time it is
>         reconnecting
>
>             Actual: ______
>

>           Bad-mouth attack:

The goal is to have the Spliter, Trusted peer and malicious
functionalities in order to perform several configurations and get
statistics about the efficiency of the expelling system.
For instance, play with different ratios of trusted and malicious peers
and different types of attacks.

> The main question is about section 'Expected' : What params I should
> mention in this section? Description 'Malicious peer is detected every
> time it is reconnecting' looks a little bit informal.

You know attackers are smart, so you have to think as them. For
instance,  a selective attack until detected can avoid to poison chunk
for the now known trusted peer. If there is just one, malicious can
survive, or not?

> Thanks!

Thanks to you.

Best,