Re: [Design] Page stack back gesture

On Tue, 2013-06-25 at 15:05 +0100, Zisu Andrei wrote:
>         Inbox. The back button is in an app, why would the back button
>         exit the
>         app? Nothing should take you 'back to the notifications'
> Well, see, that's where the confusion comes, I see the page stack as
> having the email page on top of the notifications page, thus if it
> were to go back in the stack, I would go back to notifications.

What notifications page? There is no such thing. The notifications are
in the indicators at the top, there is no 'page'.

>         as the
>         notifications are in the indicators along the top, just drag
>         it down if
>         you want to access them again.
> What if I was in the calendar app and attached an email to my calendar
> entry. I go to the email, want to go back to calendar?

If attaching an email, and it opens the email app to do so, it would
surely be done in a way that when you select the email it automatically
closes and returns to the calendar.

In other words, it acts like a dialog pop-up or something, not a
separate app. So, you would have a 'select' and 'cancel' button, both of
which would take you back to the calendar. You would not use a back
button, as that is indeed confusing.

> There needs to be a clear distinction between in-app back and os-level
> back

There is. The back button works in-app, there is no such thing as the
latter (as I understand it).