Re: floating point issue ( from Strange eeschema behavior at zoom 0.7) in wxWidgets 2.9.1

On 4/11/2011 2:31 PM, jean-pierre charras wrote:
> Le 11/04/2011 17:31, Wayne Stambaugh a écrit :

> I am afraid at least one mail about this topic was lost!
>
> About zoom changes, *only Eeschema was modified*, and only under Windows.
> Changes are conditionally compiled, and are *only for windows and wxMSW version
> < 2.9*
> - zoom page (BestZoom ) always >= 1 (in fact some zoom levels < 1 create very
> noticeable artifacts)
> - Removed zoom 0.7 (does not exist in Pcbnew)
> (Note: Pcnew did not have zoom level 0.7,
> and due to internal units 10 time smaller, best zoom < 1 is in fact never used
> even for small SMD footprints)
> These ugly changes in Eeschema do not fix this zoom issue, but artifacts that
> can happen are acceptable.
>
> wxWidgets version 2.8.12 seems the last 2.8 version before the 2.9.2 and the
> 3.0 wxWidgets version,
> so I hope wxWidgets 2.9.2 will fix all annoying issues found in Kicad,
> but currently this version is under development and has some (minor) issues.
> Currently the floating point issue is fixed.
> But because changes are committed every day, this version is hard to use for
> the Kicad stable version.

>>> Would filing a bug report help get this fixed?
>>
>> Don't bother filing a bug report.  I thought JP might roll the changes back
>> over the weekend.  It was too nice here over the weekend to sit inside behind a
>> keyboard.  I'll do it tonight.  It may not get committed until tomorrow morning
>> though.
>>
>> Wayne
>>

> Obviously, Is this intentional.
>
> I do not have this problem (neither under Windows, nor under Linux Ubuntu 10.1)
> So i am unable to fix it.
> Sorry.

JP,

If we are making 2.9 the required version for Windows, I will remove the
conditional compilation zoom code and restore the old behavior which will work
properly with 2.8 on Linux and OSX.  At some point when I get some extra time,
I'll write a CMake macro that will complain if the version of wxWidgets isn't
correct which will put this issue to rest once and for all.