Re: floating point issue ( from Strange eeschema behavior at zoom 0.7) in wxWidgets 2.9.1

> JP,
>
> If we are making 2.9 the required version for Windows, I will remove the
> conditional compilation zoom code and restore the old behavior which will work
> properly with 2.8 on Linux and OSX.  At some point when I get some extra time,
> I'll write a CMake macro that will complain if the version of wxWidgets isn't
> correct which will put this issue to rest once and for all.

Thanks Wayne.

Having detailed instructions and giving complaints are no match for simply
making a fool proof recipe to build Windows Kicad.

We still get folks asking how to build the Windows version of Kicad all the
time, even with detailed written instructions.

There are a number of very large organizational movements which are just now
picking up steam, which will be expanding the notion of "open source hardware".
These organizations will be out looking for open source tools to convey their
designs in.

Having a recipe which builds Windows Kicad in a drop dead, fool proof manor will
go a long way towards having Kicad be near the top of the list of recommended
software packages for these open source hardware designs.

I do NOT think complaining about the wrong version, or asking someone to follow
a 10 step procedure is any match for a bullet proof recipe.  CMake's "external
project" is an outstanding way to address this, because it allows download,
patching, and edge triggered compiling.

I maintain a complete embedded linux distro, and do so with a recipe for every
linux package in the distro.

Download, patch, compile, install, package.

If we cannot do this, in using a publicly distributed recipe, then it should be
done using a website, where someone can go to download pre-built Windows Kicad
binaries made *just minutes ago* from the latest testing tree, which could have
been updated with a patch that a person asked for.  This last step could be done
on linux more easily than Windows, for Windows.

Brian, please tell us how this is coming.  I don't think we can wait forever for
this.

Maybe post what your most recent findings are?

Dick