Re: floating point issue ( from Strange eeschema behavior at zoom 0.7) in wxWidgets 2.9.1

On 04/11/2011 01:51 PM, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
> On 4/11/2011 2:31 PM, jean-pierre charras wrote:

>> I am afraid at least one mail about this topic was lost!
>>
>> About zoom changes, *only Eeschema was modified*, and only under Windows.
>> Changes are conditionally compiled, and are *only for windows and wxMSW version
>> < 2.9*
>> - zoom page (BestZoom ) always >= 1 (in fact some zoom levels < 1 create very
>> noticeable artifacts)
>> - Removed zoom 0.7 (does not exist in Pcbnew)
>> (Note: Pcnew did not have zoom level 0.7,
>> and due to internal units 10 time smaller, best zoom < 1 is in fact never used
>> even for small SMD footprints)
>> These ugly changes in Eeschema do not fix this zoom issue, but artifacts that
>> can happen are acceptable.
>>
>> wxWidgets version 2.8.12 seems the last 2.8 version before the 2.9.2 and the
>> 3.0 wxWidgets version,
>> so I hope wxWidgets 2.9.2 will fix all annoying issues found in Kicad,
>> but currently this version is under development and has some (minor) issues.
>> Currently the floating point issue is fixed.
>> But because changes are committed every day, this version is hard to use for
>> the Kicad stable version.

>>> Don't bother filing a bug report.  I thought JP might roll the changes back
>>> over the weekend.  It was too nice here over the weekend to sit inside behind a
>>> keyboard.  I'll do it tonight.  It may not get committed until tomorrow morning
>>> though.
>>>
>>> Wayne
>>>
>> Obviously, Is this intentional.
>>
>> I do not have this problem (neither under Windows, nor under Linux Ubuntu 10.1)
>> So i am unable to fix it.
>> Sorry.
>>
> JP,
>
> If we are making 2.9 the required version for Windows,

my understanding is that on Windows:

A) 2.9.2 is required, or

B) a *patched* version of 2.9.1.   (We apply a patch to the released 2.9.1)

We don't have much discussion about patching other folks code here on the KICAD
list.

But I do it all the time.  It is no problem if it is automated.  It can be
automated with something like what Brian is supposedly working on.

And this is why I keep coming back to making the Windows build idiot proof.

Dick