Re: Lack of VIA graphics support, was (Lubuntu for kernels without a PAE flag)

On 18.10.2013 14:19, Erick Brunzell wrote:
> As a personal matter I'm not too concerned about that because I have no
> fear of using 12.04 Ubuntu either with Unity-2D, 'GNOME Classic (no
> effects)', or 'lubuntu-core w/o recommends' which extends support to
> April 2017 ............ but when that broke between Saucy alpha 1 and
> alpha 2 I spent a lot of time reading changelogs and saw no indication
> that support was dropped for P4M800 or P4M900. So it's a bit disturbing
> to just be ignored, but being ignored by Canonical is nothing new :^(
I don't think the support was dropped - but the Openchrome driver Saucy
ships is fairly old (0.3.1, while 0.3.3 is out since May or so). You
could try to compile it yourself or use the packages from Debian Sid?

> Look how badly some of the 'ubiquity' bugs were ignored during the Saucy
> dev cycle. I'll grant you one of them ended up being a 'partman' bug,
> but there is no sensible reason for these well confirmed bugs to just be
> ignored until the last 72 hours before release! I'll add to Phill's
> "rant" with Nicholas ASAP.
>
> Lance
Yes, that's annoying...

Jörn