Scripted installation of backported texlive packages in 12.04 (was: Re: Upstream vs packaged texlive )

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013, at 07:21 AM, Yorvyk wrote:

> On 14/06/13 05:24, Jonathan Marsden wrote:

>> Hmmm, this means I could enhance my setup script to add that PPA and
>> grab the backported packages, if it is run on 12.04... I might give
>> that a go...

> Have you tried this yet?

No... I worked on a different open source project last night... I hope
to try this idea out sometime over this coming weekend.

But if you are in a rush, you can just do it "by hand" by adding that
PPA, and then installing texlive from the packages, then downloading
the lubuntu-manual- saucy branch using bzr, and running
pkgs/install-pkgs.sh to
complete the installation.  I haven't tried that either, but it
"should" work.

Jonathan
--
  Jonathan Marsden