Re: Upstream vs packaged texlive

On 14/06/13 05:24, Jonathan Marsden wrote:
On 06/13/2013 09:50 AM, Jeremy Bicha wrote:

On 12 June 2013 12:32, Jonathan Marsden <jmarsden@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Correct.  Well, 12.04 users could try backporting the 13.04 texlive
source packages instead.  It could work, but seems more effort than it
is worth at this point :)

Already done: https://launchpad.net/~texlive-backports/+archive/ppa

It shouldn't need much maintenance at this point but if somebody with
PPA experience wants to take over maintainership, let me know.

Oh, nice :)  Have you started down the path to getting them into the
precise-backports repository, following the info at

   https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBackports

?

Hmmm, this means I could enhance my setup script to add that PPA and
grab the backported packages, if it is run on 12.04... I might give that
a go...

Have you tried this yet?

--

Steve