Re: ownCloud app.

I disagree about an account setup in the 'Online Accounts' area being harder to use. Actually, that's the first place I'd expect to look for integration with online accounts. Furthermore, this is Owncloud we're talking about - the chances are very high that people using it will be either developers, or have a high degree of technical knowledge - one of the main draws of owncloud being you can install it yourself.

I agree with Daniel - I think the best place to have this is integrated with the other online accounts. How to do that however is a bit harder. In terms of OAuth, while it would be great to utilise it, we can't use something that ain't there - sounds like for the time being, username and password authentication will have to do. What's involved with these details being stored in some kind of secure file - is there any implementation currently for this in Ubuntu Touch? On the 14.04 desktop installs, Ubuntu defaults to ecryptfs for securing the user's home directory. Is there anything similar planned for Touch?

Daniel, I'm happy to post my code to launchpad, but to be honest, I'm not sure there's much point. I literally hacked together a webapp directed to my own server, running Owncloud 7 - nothing special there at all. The main line that does anything was the one to call the webapp - "Exec=webapp-container --store-session-cookies --webappUrlPatterns=https?://apps.curiouslegends.com.au/owncloud/* https://apps.curiouslegends.com.au/owncloud %u"

It's specific to my own install, and won't be much use to anyone else. I like your idea of creating a qml container to wrap around the app, which would ask for your URL, username, and password when you first open it, then plug these into the webapp. This would work fine - providing Owncloud version 7 was being run. Owncloud 6 was a bit of a write off for mobile access. I don't have any experience writing this however - happy to have a go if you want to point me in the right direction.

Cheers,

Mitchell