Re: ownCloud app.

On 07/09/14 07:31, Sam Bull wrote:
Note, not developing a note app, simply adding sync support to an
existing notes app, probably notes-app that came pre-installed on the
phone. If I can easily get the required login details from the ownCloud
account, in a similar way that I can do so through GOA in my extension,
I'll happily add the syncing support myself.

Well, slowly starting to make progress syncing calendars. I've been able to sync my Owncloud 7 install on my server with a fresh desktop install of 14.10, and the calendar-app. I've been running into issues repeating the process on my Nexus 4, but thought this was a good point to start from. If anyone has gotten sync working with the recent devel-proposed images, please reply to this.

Firstly, I installed the most recent version of syncevolution on my desktop, which is packaged in a deb repository from the project site: https://syncevolution.org/documentation/installation

Next, I ran these commands, substituting the url's and fields as appropriate:

--------------------code--------------------
#Create Calendar
syncevolution --create-database backend=evolution-calendar database=MyCalendar

#Create Peer
syncevolution --configure --template webdav username=myusername password=mypassword syncURL=https://url-to-owncloud-install/remote.php/caldav/calendars/user-name/defaultcalendar keyring=no target-config@curious-owncloud

#Create New Source
syncevolution --configure backend=evolution-calendar database=MyCalendar @default MyCalendar

#Add remote database
syncevolution --configure database=https://url-to-owncloud-install/remote.php/caldav/calendars/user-name/defaultcalendar backend=caldav target-config@curious-owncloud MyCalendar

#Connect remote calendars with local databases
syncevolution --configure --template SyncEvolution_Client syncURL=local://@curious-owncloud username= password= curious-owncloud MyCalendar

#Add local database to the source
syncevolution --configure sync=two-way database=MyCalendar curious-owncloud MyCalendar

#Start firt sync
syncevolution --sync refresh-from-remote curious-owncloud MyCalendar

--------------End code----------------------

All fine on the desktop, and I was able to add, see, and edit multiple owncloud calendars in the calendar-app. When I tried to repeat the process on my nexus 4, I got stuck at the 5th step. The error I got was this:

phablet@ubuntu-phablet:~$ syncevolution --configure --template SyncEvolution_Client syncURL=local://@curious-owncloud username= password= curious-owncloud MyCalendar

[ERROR] error code from SyncEvolution fatal error (local, status 10500): no such source(s): MyCalendar

Which is weird, as I specified this source in the 3rd step above. There were no errors until this point. I notice that on the Nexus 4, the installed version of syncevolution is 1.4. The latest update available on the SyncEvolution project site however is 1.4.1 - this is the version I used on my desktop install. Could there be some issue between the versions? Unfortunately there's no packaged version for armhf of 1.4.1 - go figure.

Otherwise, is there some reason why syncevolution on my Nexus won't allow me to define a source? I can see the 'MyCalendar' calendar I've created as one of the calendars in the calendar-app - it's weird that this isn't being recognised as a source.

For reference, here are the docs that let me get to this point:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SyncEvolution
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SyncEvolution/Synchronize-evolution-data-with-caldav-cardav-server
https://syncevolution.org/documentation/syncevolution-usage