Info about floating point issue and strange eeschema behavior at zoom < 1

I made some tests to use wxMSW 2.8.12 and wxWidgets 2.9.1 (and patched these version on my computer)
I updated wxWidgets_patch_notes.txt, removed previous changes about zoom limitation, and fixed a minor zoom issue in libedit.

For wxMSW, version 2.8.x
Some draw scale factor > 1  create serious artifacts. This is not a recent issue.
See http://trac.wxwidgets.org/ticket/9554 (and 11669).
This is fixed in version 2.9.x

Here is a workaround, that is not a full fix, but remaining artifacts are acceptable
See also http://trac.wxwidgets.org/ticket/9554 about this workaround.
edit file  edit file <wxWidgets>/src/msw/dc.cpp
 >> search for line
    static const int VIEWPORT_EXTENT = 1000;
 >> and replace by
    static const int VIEWPORT_EXTENT = 10000;

wxWidgets 2.9.1 (all platforms)
Has a problem when using the built-in string to double conversion:
In countries using a comm instead of a point as floating number separator
after calling this conversion function, the comma is changed in point.
(Happens after reading a parameter stored in a wxConfig structure, if this
parameter is a double)
Workaround:
Use a version > 2.9.1

Currently the 2.9.2 is not yet finalized, but the 2.9.1 version can be used.
This issue can be fixed by replacing the file <wxWidgets-2.9.1>/src/common/xlocale.cpp
by the corresponding file from the 2.9.2 version (from wxWidgets svn server)

Note also this issue is annoying for all applications, not only Kicad.

Hope this is useful for other developers and maintainers.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS
KiCad Developers team.