Re: KiCad new look - new icons and new buttons

On 08/30/2011 12:09 PM, fabrizio wrote:
> I have just finished convert ALL KiCad icons. I am now cleaning up all
> the .svg files so that no useless attributes are included. I am using
> this for the cleaning process:
> http://codedread.com/scour/
>
> I suspect that once the .svg files are clean the derived .png files
> are clean too and maybe no additional png cleaning is necessary.
>
> I'll be able to say more later today
>
> Cheers
> Fabrizio

Fabrizio,

OK, assuming you (or the project) has copyright to all the work, I'd say run it
once, and then never again.

If Inkscape then re-inserts some attributes like this, we will have to deal with
them downstream.

We will be in Inkscape editing these things.

I just tried Wayne's solution and it seems to have worked.  Fabrizio confirm
this please.

    -rem alla

to pngcrush.

To the tune of over a 10% space savings from what I see.

We do not need this *.py tool in our workflow.

I would not want to have to post process the *.svg files before using them as
part of the normal work flow directly into PNG.

So this tool you reference Fabrizio, should not be part of our work flow.
Whereas, pngcrush now will be.

Thanks to everyone for your help.  I think we are nearly in sight of a clear
path to completion.

Brian, enjoy yourself tonight, no program needed.

I'd say I need reading glasses, but Wayne covered for me well.  Of course, he
was just looking for another excuse to use a chainsaw.  Not that hurricane Irene
was any.

Dick