Re: 5.1

Hi Wayne,

On 10/25/18 5:17 PM, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
[snip]
> I looked at this and it only works for linux.  Although it may be highly
> unlikely, given that wxpython and wxwidgets can be build against gtk on
> windows and msys2 provides gtk2, gtk3, and as of a few days ago gtk4
> packages, there is always the possibility that this could happen on
> windows.  Since msys2 builds use wx-config, this shouldn't be a
> difficult change.

wxWidgets linked against GTK on Windows sounds so unlikely that I have
not even considered this as a possibility. That being said, GTK is
available on Windows so indeed it may happen one day. I have fixed that
part to prevent potential complaints.

>>> Hi Orson-
>>>
>>> It looks like this overwrites the user's preference for GTK toolkit.
>>> I'd like to keep the ability to specify which toolkit I compile against
>>> if possible.
>>>
>>> Best-
>>> Seth
>>
>> I will add such option, but keep in mind that pcbnew will be broken if
>> wxWidgets and wxPython use different toolkits. Note that the toolkit
>> version is enforced only on Linux and when KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON is
>> enabled.
>
> You should always respect the devs preference even though it may be
> incorrect.  A simple check to see if wxWidgets_CONFIG_OPTIONS has
> already been defined should suffice.  If you are really feeling
> motivated, a warning to the uninformed developer would be useful.

Sure I am motivated! The current version adds --toolkit parameter only
when the builder has not specified it. There is also a warning displayed
when the requested toolkit does not match the one used by wxPython, but
nothing stops you from completing the build and experiencing the issues
on your own skin.

Cheers,
Orson