p2psp team mailing list archive

Re: CIS of rules (GSoC)

Hi all!

Sorry for the delay in the response.

-On replacing CRC32 for SHA-256. ...

Ok, thanks for the explanation.

Overriding sendto() function ...

Thanks =)

-Packet verification frequency (the 255 problem).

Ok, I will do it as you described.

-Malicious peers sending packets even after expelled. ...

I will return to this task after implementing the first steps in STrPe-DS.

Regarding testing crypto-libs:
I have performed that tests, here is results:

> MacBookPro-Ilya-Shakirov:crypto-test i.shakirov$ ./test-ecdsa.py
> key.sign x100 times: 2.76373291016s
> key.verify x100 times: 5.61430811882s
> MacBookPro-Ilya-Shakirov:crypto-test i.shakirov$ ./test-pycrypto.py
> key.sign x100 times: 0.0404751300812s
> key.verify x100 times: 0.038027048111s

My laptop config is i7 2.9GHz; 8Gb RAM;
Source of this synth-tests can be found here:
https://github.com/ishakirov/p2psp/commit/d833589ffc5a9a923123c56a74bc0bba2a79c97a

I think that pycrypto lib is suitable for our needs in speed. So Im
planning to use it in STrPe-DS implementation.

PS. Sorry for 3rd week blogpost, but I think there is too small results to
write blogpost. But 4th week blogspot will be. =)

Thanks!