Re: Re : No more dodge windows in Unity ? Why keep the "Always hide" option ?

> I've mentioned it, but it was shot down on the grounds that dodge was
> found to be confusing to certain users in testing. This means it is
> obviously not strictly superior.

I don't think this is certain. It is certain that dodge windows was
considered confusing when used as default option in testing. But it is
not clear if it was ever compared as non-default or against always
hide. See my previous messages on this subject, where I asked for
clarification.

Unless someone from the design team steps up to clarify this point we
can't be sure.

> I wanted to come up with a plan to
> get rid of the confusion and argue for that, but didn't due to lack of
> time and the (irrational) feeling that the decision is already set in
> stone.

I got the same (irrational) feeling...

Paulo