Re: Scripted installation of backported texlive packages in 12.04

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013, at 12:06 PM, Yorvyk wrote:

>>> Have you tried this yet?

>> No... I worked on a different open source project last night... I
>> hope to try this idea out sometime over this coming weekend.

> No worries. Just wondering how things are going.

Fine, I think.  I added myself to the Googe Docs sheet to author the
Installation chapter for Lubuntu, and commited my first pass (didn't
actually go all the way through it in depth, but I made a start).  No
screenshots yet, I need to read the Ubuntu Manual Style Guide for
details on how to get those right, and then try it out.

There are a few interesting implications for Lubuntu as a whole in
documenting things this way.  Example#1: We need to decide what the
"official" place to go to to download Lubuntu is, and then commit to
keeping it that way.  Example#2: We need to decide what we recommend for
installing in 512MB PCs -- do we tell people to use the Altermate CD in
that situation?

>> But if you are in a rush, you can just do it "by hand" by adding that
>> PPA, and then installing texlive from the packages, then downloading
>> the lubuntu-manual- saucy branch using bzr, and running pkgs/install-
>> pkgs.sh to complete the installation.  I haven't tried that either,
>> but it "should" work.

> I tried that and it appears to work OK.

Good!  So now you can pick a chapter or two and start writing.  Lead the
way and set us a good example :)

Jonathan
--
  Jonathan Marsden