p2psp team mailing list archive

Re: CIS of rules (GSoC)

Dear Ilshat ,

Regarding the experiments at:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FP_3YHSZQQ5xa5abkpIToN2WAU4BPM1MPRfUOhzq9U0/edit#

As very preliminary experiment is fine, but they are so quite simple and
we have to stress the system.
as far as I understood, Monitor and Trusted peers  are the different
names for the same type of peer.

We need to perform more realistic scenarios. For instance a group of
people sharing a video.

Let fix the number of  well intended peers to 20.
1.1 and 1.2 seems to be solved.
1.3 also.
What about 1.2-1.3 together. As malicious peer, once discovered I guess
who is the Trusted peer I will sent good chunks in new off-on
connection.
So I can perform a selective attack.
Does malicious 1-2-1.3 peer persists? Give an advice of how to solve
this type of attack (The code for the solution for your advice is not
part of GSoC)
1.4 (Has no sense in STrPe) because Spliter only hear from Trusted peer.
1.5. DoS was not selected as one of the attacks in GSoC
1.6. Collaborative Attack: One of the malicious peers can inform the
others about a possible Trusted peer.

So, Just use a set of 20 well intended peers and add a different number
of malicious peers (1 to 40)  and  different type of (basic) attacks in
order to know how many malicious peers and of what type of attacks the
fix (20 well intended peers and one Trusted  peer) system can support.
System performance can be measured, for instance, in how many good
chunks have a good peer received out of all.

In the STrPe-DS we will perform the same  scenarios to se how the
efficiency in malicious detection and system performance improves.

Best regards,

Leo