Re: Obtaining Lubuntu

On 06/15/2013 12:19 PM, Phill Whiteside wrote:

> Ali is one of drivers as to 'how low can we go' with RAM, as ZRam
> only landed into the pre-alphas a couple of days ago it is still a
> work in progress as to what the new specifications will be.

OK.  I hope he will be doing some well documented and reproducible
testing in this area... and soon, so we can document appropriately.
Specifics of how to test, and the results of that testing, should
probably be on the wiki, so we can find it again next cycle and retest!

> Just give myself and Jason a poke in the ribs when you want the
> 'sandbox' areas updated for 13.10, thankfully it is mainly a case of
> updating the links and not the text :)

Well, the "sandbox" can be updated whenever you want, since it is a
"sandbox" :)  That's why I just edited the "GetLubuntu" one you pointed
at... it's safe to edit it because it is not for public consumption yet.

> It may also be worth while to add such tasks into
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Developers/PrePostReleaseTODO so we
> don't forget any of them!

Good idea.  I'm not familiar with the timeline for that, nor how we test
them in the "sandbox" prior to their moving to their "real" URLs ... can
you add something about getting them updated, and then tested, with
enough time allowed so we don't cause unwanted stress on anyone? :)

Jonathan