Re: Ubuntu Edge (the Ubuntu handset)

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 4:05 PM, Omar B. <estelar57@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Clearly this is Canonical's first crowdfunding attempt and they lacked the
> experience.

Not a single person in the world had the experience of pulling a $32M
campaign off.

We're still doing pretty well, all things considered, and people are
not sitting on their hands.

> They didn't even follow The 30% rule:

I'll rephrase so you realize what you're saying:

"They didn't even raise $10M as fast as possible!"

> But that is OK, this happens daily to dozens of campaigns. So, since they
> lacked experience and let it die, It would be better if they just Canceled
> this Now and make a better attempt when they're really ready. Examine the

Oh, not at all! I'm not closely involved in running the campaign, but
I'm not giving up until this is over.

gustavo @ http://niemeyer.net