p2psp team mailing list archive

Re: CIS of rules (GSoC)

One remarkable result here is the fact that having a second trusted peer
> does not have a real impact on malicious peer expulsion. I realize now that
> this is due to how the Str technique is designed. Not for GSoC, but maybe
> we should think of a evolution of the protocol that reflected the
> aggregation of trusted peers. Cristóbal, that might be intersting if it has
> not been researched yet.

But adding second trusted peer accelerates the expulsion of attackers, you
can see it in the last graphs (-m 50 -t 1 and -m 50 -t 2) : in the case of
one trusted there not all attackers were expelled from the team for given
time, and in the second case - all attackers were expelled by ~100 round.

Ok let me rephrase like this: the addition of a second trusted peer has
little impact. The speed at which expulsions are done is comparable, and
for the 1 trusted peer case the remaining malicious peers are 1 or 2 at
most. But you're right, having 2 peers eliminates all malicious peers in
all cases, which is already a remarkable result ;)

Can't wait to see what happens with 4 and 8!

Juan