Re: Obtaining Lubuntu

On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 6:46 PM, Patrick Dickey <pdickeybeta@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If I had to guess though, I'd say the "freeze" is either October 7, or
> October 14 (when the manual gets prepared for release).

The October 7 date is when the authors and editors should be finished
with their work.

During the week of the 7–14, we post a draft of the manual to get
public comments and have the public help us proofread and find any
last-minute errors. We fix all of the errors during this same time
period.

During the 14–17, I make the final adjustments to the PDF (e.g., final
tweaks to the placement of screenshots, margin notes, and so forth).
I publish the PDFs on our website and initiate the printing process on
the 17th to coincide with the release of Ubuntu 13.10.

—Kevin